Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Seeds for 2018

Last night, I ordered most of my seeds for this coming year.  Not too many new varieties were on my radar, but I did manage to pick up a few (I'm an impulse shopper.)

New to me in 2018:
1. Five Star Grape - a grape tomato
2. Sunrise Bumble Bee - a specialty cherry tomato
3. Valencia - an orange heirloom tomato
4.  North Georgia Candy Roaster - heirloom winter squash (8-15 lbs)
5.  Cinnamon Girl - pie pumpkin (3-6 lbs)
6.  Early Giant - Jack-o-lantern pumpkin (30 lbs)
7. Mosquetero pepper - a poblano pepper
8.  Lemon Drop pepper - citrus flavored heirloom hot pepper
9.  Celebration Squash - acorn squash that is also decorative (so pretty)
10.  Cougar Squash - straightneck yellow summer squash
11. Cougar PMR - small Jack-o-lantern (10-12 lbs)
12.  Captain Jack - Jack-o-lantern (30 lbs)

I'm looking forward to trying these new varieties this coming year, as well as planting my stalwart favorites.    


Last fall after ripping out the existing plants, I tilled a tarp full of leaves into each of my two gardens.   Into one of the gardens, I also tilled in compost.  I should have done the other one too, but my husband only bought enough for one garden.  I'll add the rest this spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment