Sunday, April 16, 2017

Sunday, 16 April 2017

Wow, it's already that time of year.  In the process of redoing my kitchen, I got a late start on my seedlings (but at least I got them going.)  However, I started them the week before I left on vacation.  I asked a cute little neighbor girl to keep them watered....I'm not entirely sure that happened.  They looked pretty parched when I got home.  I didn't have my usual success rate with the seeds this year, but I always start way more than I need.  

Cherry Tomatoes
As always:
   Pink Bumblebee - new last year
   Sweet 100's
   Sweet Million
   Yellow Pear
   Sun Sugar
   Sweet Gold
   Sugary

New this year:
   Snow White (this was a free trial)
   Sun Gold


Determinate Tomatoes
As always:  
   Yaqui
   Heinz 1370
   
New last year:
   Skyreacher


Indeterminate Tomatoes
As always:
   Lemon Boy
   Celebrity
   Superfantastic
   Early Girl
   New Girl
   Goliath
   Jetsetter
   Porterhouse
   Delicious
   Big Zac
   Mexico
   Parks Whopper
   Parks Beefy Boy
   Better Boy
   Big Beef
   Burpee Supersteak


New Last Year:
   Country Taste
   Big Boy
   Beefmaster
   Ball's Beefsteak

New This Year:
   Cherokee Chocolate (free trial offer)
   Costoluto Genovese - I found the seeds for these and wanted to give it another go.



Peppers
   Anahiem
   Ancho San Luis
   Mucho Nacho
   Guajillo
   Pasilla Bajio
   Holy Mole
   Mulato Isleno
   Garden Salsa

Ornamental Peppers:
   Chilly Chili
   Medusa


I dispensed with the herb garden this year, but I did plant a whole bunch of basil.  I love pesto. 









No comments:

Post a Comment