Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday, 4 September 2015

Yay.  I have more pictures.  Harvesting is the best part of gardening.  So rewarding.


Below is a picture of my Super Fantasics.  I think these are beautiful.  They are blemish free, disease resistant, and uniform in size.  The flavor is also great and they make a great slicing tomato.  This is my first year growing this variety and I'm liking what I see and liking how they taste.  I grow Celebrity every year.  It has always been my favorite regular tomato but this may well be a tie.

  SUPER FANTASTIC


=======================================================================

Here is a picture of my Big Beefs.  These taste great as well.  It is hard to determine the productivity of these.  I have neighbors who help themselves and these are right by the fence we share.  Next year they will be grown in my other garden....far far away from greedy hands.  So I can measure productivity more accurately then.

BIG BEEF

=======================================================================

Here are my romas.  These Yaquis are amazing, wonderful, and just plain fun.  Both pictures are of the same variety.  The tomato on the left is "store" normal.  The one on the right is so much
larger and is the biggest one so far this year.  While this variety grows many "store" size tomatoes,
it also grows many larger ones.  The one on the left is just one of the smaller ones.  
YAQUI (romas)
YAQUI (romas)





=======================================================================

This picture is one of the new varieties I tried this year.  It is a Speckled Roman.  It is kind of pretty with the yellow streaks.  While this plant isn't even in the ball park of productivity as the Yaquis are, these were quite tasty as far as romas go.  I will try these again next year.  Maybe we will have a normal weather summer.

SPECKLED ROMAN

========================================================================


I've also picked some Big Zacs too.  I love the taste of these beefsteak tomatoes.  They are wonderful and probably my favorite as far as taste goes. This variety is also one of the biggest varieties I grow.  I usually take pictures when I pick them, but when my husband or my children pick them, they all go into one big bowl.  Then I don't know which is what.  

Jetsetter produced tomatoes earlier then the majority of my other plants.  However, they didn't produce a bumper crop.  I question the weather or if that is normal for this variety.  I will grow those next year as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment