Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday, 5 January 2015

I have gardened for many years.  In that time, I have grown many things, but I have never kept a journal of what works better, what grows better, what tastes better, etc.  So here we go.  

I want to conduct taste tests of the different varieties of veggies I usually grow and I want to see which plants are more productive than others.  I am limited on space so I want to get more bang for my buck and more bang for the effort.

A few years ago, I started growing my own plants from seeds instead of spending $-hundreds-$ of dollars at the local nurseries.  I certainly wasn't saving any money by growing my own.  But it was cheaper than therapy.  In November, my seed catalogs start arriving and they keep coming throughout December.  It is like Christmas morning when I get my first one in the mail.  I get 'pirouette giddy' at the mailbox.



I started with just a few catalogs, but these 'seed people' must sell their customer lists to others, because now I receive more catalogs, than I know what to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment